1) I think being able to take a step back and realize that, for the most part, people are all the same more or less. They think in masses and follow blindly, which can be pretty easy to manipulate into my favor. I also come from a family that has been through high ups and low lows financially, so I believe that I encompass a better understanding of wants and needs from a wide range of economic classes. Another thing I believe that I understand more than others my age is that patience is very important. For my goals to reach their entirety I'm prepared to have to wait several years, while I continue to set up the ground work for my end goal.
2)
Here are five short interviews I completed with my friends in Gainesville and one interview being over the phone:
https://soundcloud.com/adev73/bella-interview
https://soundcloud.com/adev73/brad-interview
https://soundcloud.com/adev73/thomas-interview
https://soundcloud.com/adev73/mallory-interview
https://soundcloud.com/adev73/eriks-interview
3)
It seems that one or two of my friends agreed in some way about what I said about myself, but a majority of them agreed that I have a good sense of humor and also that I am very comfortable with myself and don't have any problems with how others perceive me. I suppose the differences in what I said and what my friends said would have to be what were focused on. When I think about myself, I also think about my intentions and interactions with others, while when others think of me they just look at our own interactions we've had together. I suppose I would correct my own list by adding a few things my interviewees said, including: that I have a unique and fun sense of humor, I don't care how I am perceived by others as long as I am successful, and that I have a pretty decent understanding of how others think.
Hi Theodore,
ReplyDeleteI agree with your statements regarding people following others blindly. The most successful people are those who can use this to their advantage. Instead of following others, set a trend, start a company, create an idea. Then not only will you no be a follower, others will follow you. Also, your statements regarding humor are important, as it is important in life to relate to people, which humor can allow.