Recently, I have been looking at different economic trends and regulatory changes, and trying to find opportunities within them.
One thing I found was the economic trend of digital marketing and advertisement. This has been a steadily increasing marketplace over the past couple of years, and continues to grow, more specifically social media marketing. One form of social marketing is using display ads on social media sites to attract customers to a business, and I found out about a relatively new social media app that I am expecting to blow up. It's called Byte, and is practically a repeat of an older app called Vine, and my friend introduced me to it. Once Vine got too expensive to upkeep its servers, its father company shut it down, but millions of people have since exclaimed across the internet about how much they miss it. With Byte up and coming, I'm sure there will be plenty of advertisements sold and viewed on the site.
I specifically saw this opportunity because I am heavily interested in digital marketing and want to make a career out of it. At the same time, I was introduced to this app while also working on my digital advertisement endeavor.
Another opportunity I found out of economic trends would be investing in the stock market. Now, this might seem super obvious to someone who's been immersed in such a concept, but I've only just recently begun looking at the stock market as a possible source of income. By looking at past trends, and future plans, one can put money towards a company and make or lose money depending on how the business evolves after that instance of purchase. Although, it's not as easy as it looks; many people lose hundred, thousands, or even millions of dollars in the stock market every year.
I found out about this opportunity after switching my major to Finance, and have recently been looking over a couple of different strategies involved in investing.
I was scrolling through the news section on twitter when I noticed there was a law that had recently been amended in some areas. This law changed the amount of years that a credit related crime one complete will be able to be held against them for 4 years, instead of 7. This gives those who are trying to get back on track a better chance to turn their lives around. Giving someone financial advice and planning methods will be made slightly easier for those who're in that business, as a plan that would've taken at least seven years may now only take 4.
I saw this opportunity because recently I have been visiting a lot of twitter accounts that help those in financial struggles and offer fee tips and counseling.
Another regulatory opportunity to come up has been the recent band on fruit/sweet flavored e-cigarette and vape products. Once this law was changed, companies had one more month to continue producing their products, and six more months to sell them. One short term opportunity I thought of would be to buy a lot of newly banned flavored vapes in bulk, and then sell them for a lot more money in the future once they're no longer commercially available.
I saw this opportunity because both of my roommates purchase and use disposable nicotine devices, and they also were talking about how they are getting more expensive and have been placed under new regulatory laws.
No comments:
Post a Comment