Local/small business owners often struggle with having an online presence and don't know how to market themselves well online, presenting the need of someone who can provide them with the service of digital advertisement.
- Who: Local/small business owners
- What: Unable to market their business efficiently online
- Why: Most people are unfamiliar with the online aspect of running a business
My hypothesis has been gathered over approximately the last month, and I know that there are certainly others who have this need, but an easily approachable consumer would be local and small business owners.
While talking to some family friends about how they went about starting their own local businesses, I asked them about their digital advertising aspect of things. Some had a good handle on it, two told me that they pay for the service, and one (a potentially untapped customer,) doesn't even use online advertisement. The boundaries of the what are much larger than the service that I would like to provide, including being in charge of email marketing or setting up a website.
In terms of why, the family friend who doesn't use digital advertisement talked to me about how their business is doing well without it. When I have my own system set up I will definitely reach out to them and offer them a chance to increase their already successful business. Others said that they learned how to advertise online and told me what they do now in order to fulfill that objective. It seems to me that they do know some kinds of advertisement methods, but don't know about everything, which mean they are still possible consumers to me.
What is news to me after interviewing people, is that even though some places have somewhat of a handle on their digital advertisement, that doesn't mean that they can't be considered as potential new consumers of the service I want to give them. There are different levels of service, which is something I will have to work on and think about in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment