Looking back, the most valuable experience I believe I received from these lesson is how easy it is to get started. The sheer amount of opportunities available to me and everyone else astounded me as they were mentioned here and there through the lessons. I guess what I mean, is how easy it is to reach out to local businesses or just local people and ask them for feedback/interpretation of different designs of a tentative business that I have lined up. I do currently see myself as having an entrepreneurial mindset and constantly acknowledging common problems when I run into them, and how they could be made easier.
My number one recommendation for other students that will be starting down this path in the future would be to take what you learn and apply it. Try the things you learn in class in the real world. For best performance in this course, act as if your assignments are due two days early. Saves from stressing and submitting last minute. I don't know what I'd recommend to get in that mindset, because I was usually submitting assignments barely on time, but I'm sure it feels a lot better when you have your work done early.
That about wraps things up. I definitely learned some valuable lessons in this course that I will be using in my future!
Hey Theodore,
ReplyDeleteI agree that applying the things that we learned in this class in the real world is good advice to future students. There are so many lessons and skills that we learned in this class, from how to follow the entrepreneurial process to how to make an elevator pitch, that will come in handy in our future careers. Excellent post overall!